Thursday, September 28, 2017

Johnny Mac

     After attending one night of a reformation conference here at a local Baptist church, I noticed John Macarthur was going to be an upcoming featured speaker.   I jumped at the opportunity to hear him speak for the first time.
       We got to the beautiful (and rather formal) service complete with the teen that slept in, threw on a shirt, and managed to sneak his unkept, narly toes in sandals into the service.   It was the roughest night sleep he had had in a while, and he actually nodded off.  While listening to Johnny Mac in the most beautiful church I had been in in who-knows-how-long.   If he ever nodded off in church before, I would have been ready, but this was a first.   I simply had to let it slide..   His dad said I could go to this church alone and he would keep the kids, since we had all overslept- but, the teen wanted to go.   I couldn't fault him for trying.

   It's a funny thing about seeing a very well-known speaker.  You see other people you know only from the internet.  On one hand it was fantastic.  I got to see a woman I instantly recognized from her blog..   Unfortunately, when a regular reader, it's easier to remember the name of the blog.   And, that is what I shouted out when I saw her.   Not her name, her blog.  Embarrassing- She was great about it and very sweet.

     Now, being the awkward, social idiot I am- I of course had to reference my son's narly toes at least once, and the fact that I went to a school John Macarthur would deem heretical: The Brownsville Revival School.  I made sure I referenced this to any ear that would listen.  Because: socially awkward.

  I preferred to post this picture zoomed in to make it look like I got a front row seat.  No such luck. I am too low-tech for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment